AS A ROUTER
Is your router not working anymore? This device will even serve you as a wireless router. Change the extender to Router mode and this device is ready to use as a router. Simply, configure it with the modem using an Ethernet cable and let it do its magic.
Have a look at the setup steps:
- Connect your modem to extender via an Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the LAN/WAN port of the WicommFi extender and another end to the port of the modem.
- Plug the range extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Use wifi enabled PC to connect to the open network of your extender.
- The wireless network name will be displayed on computer screen i.e. 2.4G WicommFi or 5G WicommFi.
- Launch a browser and type 192.168.10.1 in the address bar. Hit enter key.
- A login window displays, enter the default username and password in the given fields.
- By default, both the username and password is “admin” in small case.
- Press the “Login” button.
- A dashboard appears. Select “Router mode” on the dashboard.
- Next, enter the network name, encryption and key for both bands.
- Click the Apply button and wait for a few seconds.
- The device will reboot automatically. Now you need to connect to the network again to make it work as an access point.